As a teenager (soon to be 14), I have learned that if I don’t take care of my skin, it gets bad….real bad!
Thanks to the help of You Tube and Pinterest, I have found some awesome skin care tips, found what really works for me and want to share them with you.
- Drink ice cold water – From what I have learned, drinking ice cold water not only keeps skin hydrated, but it also tightens pores. When pores are tight, it keeps them from getting clogged with dirt and every other gross thing we come in contact with at school.
- Eat lots of vegetables – Lucky for me, I love vegetables! Especially asparagus, celery, carrots and broccoli. Vegetables help detoxify skin from nasty dirt and oils. Plus they are low in calories so eat up.
- Hot compresses – Before I start with any kind of cleanser, I always use a hot compress. It opens up the pores so if any dirt is stuck in the pores, it is coming out now.
- Daily Cleanser & Light Scrub – My favorite cleanser/scrub is St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I love the smell and it’s light enough to use every day without irritating the skin.
- Good Homemade Face Mask – I have been getting yelled at for using all the kitchen ingrediants to make my mask recipes for like a year now. My mom (I think) has finally come to terms with the fact that this is part of my life now. I like doing homemade because it’s chemical free, easy, they really do work and you won’t die if you accidentally eat some. I will share some of my favorite recipes with you in my future posts.
- Rub an ice cube on your face – Once I rinse my mask off, I immediately run an ice cube over my face to close all the pores back up. I would not want any dirt clogging my freshly cleaned pores
This whole routine takes me about 30 minutes and I do it every night before bed. So far, my skin has had very few blemishes compared to some of the other kids my age. It takes a little time but I would rather take the time than be worried about covering up pimples and blackheads all the time.
Try it for a couple weeks and let me know how it works for you.